Well, today I made a Classified ad for our mare, Emma. Why am I selling her? Well, we have two mares. Emma is flighty and spirited. Cuesta is docile, obedient and well, a little out of touch. She was trained and also over-desensitixed by her previous owners.. You know how some horses dis-associate and seem to block things out? Cues was BAD with this when we first got her a few years ago. She was a deadhead.. Well she has come out of her shell with me. But thing is.. every time I try to work with her, Emma gets jealous and has to try tearing her stall door down to get to us! I know, this is herd-boundness and I can work on it, but I do not have time for this. I want Ema to go to someone who wants a horse with ZIP and DRIVE. I want a horse with a calm disposition and, well, Cuesta fits the bill. She is much more affectionate and responsive than I ever thought she could be when I saw her dead expression, protruding ribs and lackluster appearance years ago when we bought her (funny, her former owner always aske me about buying her back now that she is gorgeous and happy! fat chance!)
I want to focus on Cuesta. She is great undersaddle and really, both of them are going to waste because I am always alone when I have time to work with them, and it just gets too horrifically stressful on all three of us when I have to keep shooshing one of them away. I want one horse.. I do plan on getting a few goats to keep Cuesta company.. but in reality she did great when she was an only-horse, and all Emma ever does is hassle and annoy Cuesta who seems to tune out the world more. Does anyone have anything to add or advise in this situation?