Quote Originally Posted by JoshJP7 View Post
This competition is only going to get worse with more new breeders every year hence my beliefs the market will be based on quality looks and not supply and demand.
I agree 100%! Sure I might be able to get a pair of pastels for $150, but what will they look like when they get to breeding size? My guess is they'll brown out and just look like normals, then I've wasted money on snakes that look just like normals.

I paid $450 for my female pastel last year when others were going for way less than that. But her blushing was unreal, and her colors were neon. And now she's up to 800g and still looks amazing. I've even had a couple of people wonder if she was a super. She is going to throw amazing babies and she will be worth paying twice what other mediocre animals were going for. And I don't think I'm alone here with placing quality over quantity.

That being said, I don't think lower prices are a bad thing. They open the market up for more people. I've been wanting to get into bps for a long long time, but it was only last year that they became affordable for me. I'm sure its the same way with others as well.