I just got a new kitty and he is only 6weeks old. It was his first night with us last night and I never seen an animal so afraid in my entire life. Poor lil guy!
anyway, I tried to feed him this morning and he only wanted a little wet food. He didn't even try the dry stuff, and I offered that first!
I have noticed his little belly is really round. Like a pot belly and also he has not gone pee or poo yet. I have a suspicion that he has worms.
He also has a flea infestation but mom has gone out today to get some stuff for that...

Is there anything I can do here at home to help get rid of the worms?? Can you buy medication at the pet centers??
I can bring him to the vet but that will cost money for cab and I'm sure she will want to give him rabies and other vaccinations that I didn't really want to buy. But if I have to I will... we can't let kitty have these worms for much longer! He stomach is just massive.
The lady that gave him to me also said that he had eaten 4 times that day. WHO let's there cat eat four times a day! and he smelt like smoke SOOOO bad I didn't even want to touch him. But this morning the smell is almost gone!

Let me know what you think I can do about the worms?