Great Subject!

Let me toss out a few that I consider to be underrated cloubrids.

Of course first and foremost with me I find the African House Snakes to be way underrated and exceptional pets. Keep them warm, feed them and give them water and they will thrive. Males tend to top at 3 feet, females tend to top at 4 with only the most exceptional getting near 5.

Here are three of my top picks for "normal" [non morph] house snakes

First a "red phase" dotted house snake from Tanzania these are the most common house snakes in the trade today.

Next here is my favorite this is a "Zululand" House Snake. More properly known as a Cape House Snake or Lamprophis Capensis.

Next is L. linitus or the striped house snake. These are a bit harder to come by, I should have some hatchlings this fall.

Now some others I find way under rated also would include the black milk snake. These are just stunning getting 5-6 feet at maturity and honestly are as beautiful as any indigo snake. Very easy to care for too.

Both the Blue and Taiwan Beauties are just awesome and you will win MedusaOwl over as a BFF to boot. Here is one of each. Only thing is they get big 8-10 feet.

And the Taiwan

Switching Gears there is the Egyptian Diadem Snake. Cool snake they are supposed to be kind of mean but my pair are pretty tame. Here is one of them.

Next up would be a Madagascar Cat Eyed Snake. Just got my first one this summer and I already know I need to get a male to breed her with. Isn't she just adorable.

I also think bull snakes are over looked quite often. They are easy to keep, beautiful, get big but not massive and are pretty gentle to handle. Here is my lovely het amel kingsville red from the John Ginter line.

I guess my point is think outside of the box a little bit there is a lot of underrated really cool snakes out there. This massive and cool diversity is part of why I get upset when I see parents letting 14 year old kids buy a burm or a retic. All the snake above are a much better choice for most people to consider. And honestly I have only scratched the surface of even my own collection. And yes I too still want more!