Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,481

1 members and 2,480 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl

Threaded View

Thanks

Trans-Pecos Rat Snakes Arizona

Hi Everyone!

So I just got my 1.1 pair or Trans-Pecos Rat Snakes on 10/16/2023. I got them from my local Reptile store so I am still gathering information on them such as birthday the parents. I've searched all over here for information and I keep finding Miss Bogertophis answering everyone's questions lol.

The female is about 24 inches long (give or take, you know guy measurements lol) and the male is literally half her size. Is this much sexual dimorphism that normal? After looking around I feel mine are maybe 6 months to yearling old. If you think otherwise please let me know.

I know Bogertophis said to leave them in their new homes until at least three feedings but my girl just wants to hang out with me and just chill so much. The male not so much lol. I open the tank and she comes sliding up to me.

Fun story on how I got them!!!! So I had an extra 40 gal tank at my house and had been wanting to get a few Black African house snakes. I had seen a few at the reptile store a few days prior and figured Id go and back an pick up a few and become the Black African House Snake King of Arizona lol... So I went and Bam, they were finally sold after being there for almost 1.5 months. So I was lost and not sure what to get, They had a Black Mexican King Snake but I just wasn't sure lol, I then saw a beautiful HET type Python and man he was beautiful... SO I contemplated and the shop owner was like "I'll give you the BP and the Black king snake for $200 out the door".... It was tempting... But then I saw this female Trans Pecos just chilling in the back of her place. I remember her from about 2 weeks before and was intrigued lol. So i asked to see her and her came over and pulled out TWO!!!!! One male and one Female... I'm like Woah!!! lol.. and held the Female and she immediately just hung out with me... I knew I wanted her and kinda wanted the male as well. They were asking $200 for her and $200 for him. So I asked him what deal can I do and he said "$175 out the door for Both but bring us back 1 baby".. lol I was SOLD!!!!!!

So can you guys help me figure out what type she is and what age you think she might be. I don't have any pictures of the male yet. as he's still hiding in his hide. She's more of a tan color and not orange.

All pictures of the Female.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mistery510 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-19-2023),Homebody (10-19-2023)