Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,971

1 members and 2,970 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,594
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW

Thread: Hello from UK!

Threaded View

Thanks

Hello from UK!

Hi everyone,

Found the forum throughout the endless scouring of the Internet for information, advice and guidance! I'm looking to get my first BP soon after absolutely falling in love with them after a make up shoot I was a part of. The reptile guy on the shoot was great and was giving me lots of information. The snakes were so incredibly docile, calm and beautiful so I decided to start my research

We've kept iguanas when I was younger but that was years ago and very different. I also have a nearly 3 year old daughter who has taken a great interest in reptiles, tarantulas, insects etc. I took her to meet her first ball python last week and she was really intrigued and gentle so I think a BP would be a good first snake to have as a family - but please let me know if you think otherwise!

I'm obviously still at my research stage and no where near ready to get one yet. I've got a notebook that I'm jotting things down in so that I've got a little BP bible - if anyone can recommend any good and reliable suppliers for equipment etc in the UK that would be appreciated.

I know you can get start up kits but I'm not overly convinced these are the best. Purely because I've seen a lot of them come with UV lights which aren't needed and ceramic heaters that I know can drain the humidity in vivs, or at least make it more difficult to keep on top of Humidity levels.

But anyway, I'll be asking a lot of questions if I can't find the answers in the depths of this forum 😁

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sophiejade138 For This Useful Post:

Ailuros (04-12-2023),Bogertophis (04-10-2023)