Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,557

0 members and 2,557 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,398
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Powerline99

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,903 Posts

Re: Health & Other Issues and properly caring for reptiles right now.....

Three quick things.

1. I had a scare with my kidney in the past couple of weeks and had to have a kidney biopsy (on my transplanted kidney). It's the first I've had to have in about 8 years. It looks like there may have been a confluence of events that caused concern and reduced kidney function, but that things are potentially improving. I'll have a lot more information this week after the biopsy results come back and I discuss with my nephrologist (kidney doctor). I'll advise when I can, but assume no news is good news.

2. On top of dealing with kidney stuff, I got COVID the day after my biopsy. I've had it for a week and it's kicking my butt. Having a reduced immune system doesn't help (see kidney transplant recipient above). However, they put me on antiviral meds, stopped one immune suppressant, and I am fully vaccinated. I am convinced that combination kept me out of the hospital. Today is my first day upright in a week and I am tired and weak, but able to write this. Cough was killer, but is 80% better now, as are the chills/hot spells. I am mostly dealing with severe weakness and a cough now.

3. Katie's been a saint. She's cared for me, made sure I drank a ton of fluids and fed me, and even did a bunch of the reptile stuff (with me). I wasn't much help because of how weak I was and still am. However, we worked together and she cleaned bowls and tanks etc. All the reptiles are doing fine, but Behira and Feliz will eat a few days past 3 weeks as Katie draws the line with feeding, at least for now.

As you all know, I worry about my pets. Katie's been there for me and them beyond what I expected.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Animallover3541 (11-22-2022),Bogertophis (11-21-2022),GoingPostal (11-23-2022),Homebody (11-22-2022)