Both of these cases are probably just me being a worrywart again, but nonetheless I want to ensure I'm getting everything right.

First of all regards my corn. His enclosure doesn't have the best placement as his PVC is above my ball python's and their RHPs are on opposite ends (the one in the bottom enclosure is on the left while the one above is on the right). I did add some wooden planks to add space between them so the heat from the lower PVC wouldn't affect the corn's cool side, but I think there's still problems in that the corn's RHP is heating things too well. The closest medium I can get is the warm side at the lower 80's and the cool end to about 78 degrees with the rest at 80 overall. I've heard that the warm end should be mid 80's but if I try to raise the thermostat the cool end will breach 80 and the corn already spends the majority of his time at the cool side when not active (though when moving around he goes everywhere).

Then there's the matter of temps with my VBB's permanent enclosure, (which she hasn't moved into yet FYI). Though first I want to say that you guys were completely right on the heat thing, the second I tried it with all the furnishings the difference from when I tested it completely bare is night and day. Anyway, the shelf closest to the RHP is in the mid 80's while the rest of the enclosure is high, mid and low 70's depending on elevation and location. I know beauty snakes are sensitive to higher temps and wanted to check if the hot spot was too warm. Also, there's a bit of an odd "new smell" coming from the whole thing when I open the doors. I'm assuming it's just because of all the materials being new (double checking everything that went into it and there's nothing hazardous) so there's some kind of off-gassing going on along with the humidity from the substrate?