Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,043

1 members and 2,042 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,393
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, bananas_momma

Thread: Injured Tail :(

Threaded View

Thanks

Exclamation Injured Tail :(

Hello all, I need some help.
    I recently adopted my baby corn, Fettuccine (5 months old now), from a breeder in december. I had notice when she first arrive that she had a few layers of stuck shed on the very end of her tail. I didn't think much of this at first, and I left her alone for the first week so she could adjust to her new home.
    After that, I started to give her a warm soak every few days hoping it would work its way off. A couple of the layers did come off but there is still a layer stuck on her tail even now.
    A week ago I noticed that the end of her tail was pretty stiff, which concerned me but I was afraid to mess with it because that part of the tail is so delicate. Then, today I went to hold her and noticed that the last quarter inch of her tail was broken. I tried to get pictures of it but failed to get it to focus properly. It kind of looks split where the break is, but there is no blood.

I'm very concerned about the possibility of infection! Does anyone know what I can do to help her heal properly?? She doesn't seem to be in pain, but I feel awful

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meganp For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (01-30-2022),Bogertophis (01-30-2022)