Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum and first day being a member. Getting my first snake (a BP) in a few days and I’m having some trouble with the humidity inside the hot hide. I’m using a mixture of repti bark and Forrest floor cypress mulch as my substrate. I have a UTH connected to a thermostat set at 80° surface temp, and the glass at the bottom is 92° (using a IR heat gun). This is my first question… is that normal for it to be 92 at the bottom of the enclosure and as far off as 78-80° at the top of the substrate. Is this ok for the hot side? I’m afraid to make it any hotter because if he burrows he could burn himself. Continuing, My humidity inside the tank is 60-65°, but for some reason when I put my hygrometer inside the hot hide for a few minutes, it read 95-100% humidity. And I can tell, when I stick my finger in the hide it feels like a Sona lol. There’s also water droplets coating the inside. Is this normal and how do I fix this? One other thing, my cool side currently is at 72° and my ambient temp is at 71° (my house temp). This is because I have such a big enclosure. I was thinking on getting a ceramic heat emitter bulb and putting it on the cool side with a dimmer to get the 80°. Will this work and would this raise the air temp to around 80° in the enclosure. My enclosure is the 36x18x18 exo tera with a screen top. I’m in the south so my room already has the right humidity. I will also be adding more fake plants for cover, they haven’t shipped yet. Any help would be appreciated, and glad to be a part of this amazing community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk