As some of you know, I have a pair of young Tarahumara Mountain Boas. They're just a year old, so have plenty of growing to do. I am currently doing some long-range planning and enclosure ordering for my snake room, so have a couple of questions.

Currently they're in 24x18x16 PVC enclosures and have plenty of room. Their parents are on the small side, even for Tarahumara, so I am thinking that as adults the male, and maybe even the female, will likely be comfortable in 36" enclosures.

My question is whether they tend to be climbers, and how much height is appropriate for them. My guys, so far, like to perch on top of their big cork rounds when they want to bask under the deep heat projector, but they don't seem inclined to climb in the same way as my semi-arboreal Jungle Carpet Python.

I know a few of you have experience with Tarahumara as adults, so I am wondering if 36" long and 18" tall is fine or if I should go with 24" tall. I had originally decided on 24" tall for them, but if they'll be happy in 18" tall that would make my life a little easier in terms of the final arrangement of enclosures in this room.

That said, I really do want to provide them with optimum enclosures, so if experts here think that longer and/or taller is best, I will do that. Thanks for any input!