I recently got a BP from someone at work who was moving. He told me they did not know the sex (but he is called a "he" for ease), have had it for 2 years and feed it one hopper mouse every week. After looking around a few forums it seemed that for his age he should be on bigger food, so I took him out and weighed him and he was 252g / 8.9oz. A quick search showed that this seems to be VERY small for the age.

Any advice on how best to proceed? Should I move up to rat pups, or is that too big a jump? Or should I do a few feeds with fuzzy rats, or stick with hoppers and feed more often?

Should I be concerned? To my inexperienced eye (I owned a jungle carpet python 20 years ago in Scotland) he looks quite healthy other than a stuck shed (I will be changing from the aspen that was supplied to an EcoEarth/cypress/ReptiBark mix at the weekend which will hopefully help with shedding).

I would really like to get him up to a good size, but don't want to push it if it could do any harm, so your advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have a photo to show his overall look, but am not allowed to post pics for some reason. I guess that is something to do with me being a newbie?

Thanks guys!

Nick