So its not that RHP's are not talked about it's that for something that seems to have become a common suggestion why are we not talking about them more? In a reptile group who tend to pride ourselves on the DIY projects we are constantly doing, why is everyone so against DIY RHP's? Also why are there not more choices on the market? It seems like Reptile Basics and Pro- Heat are the only options. I know that RHP's are more common for other reptiles and snake but even for BP's it seems like everyone is starting to move towards them. Even looking through this forum there are so many OLD OLD post about RHPs and only a hand full of new ones that all seem redundant, "Call Bob" "pro-heat is the best." But why in this HUGE and Various Market are there not more choices out there for RHP's?

I know this is kind of a rant, but I am purchasing all new PVC enclosures and I am going to use them with RHP's....my rhp's are practically doubling my enclosure cost and I cant find any real useful info on DIY or alternate choices as PVC enclosure don't usually suggest UTH's.

I guess I am just a little frustrated in the lack of choices.

Please share your opinions on this topic. I want to know what other BP people and other reptile people think in general about the lack of selection on the market. Also if you know more about electrical and have insight into why they are so pricey or even why DIY ing an RHP is a bad idea/or a good one please share