Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,481

2 members and 2,479 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,411
Threads: 248,770
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SnakeLover233

Thread: Soaking boa?

Threaded View

Thanks

Soaking boa?

Maybe I’m a bit neurotic however just want to make sure all is ok and it’s my first boa sooo...
    last night she crawled into her water bowl after sitting in the same spot for about 3 days or so. And haven’t left her water bowl since. I read online it can be because too high heat, mites or not enough humidity or they’re going into shed. Well good news is that I don’t see any mites in the water. Temperature seems fine in there with a degree of 78 at the floor (it’s a taller tank 18x18x24, and she initially seemed to like hanging out higher up in the tank). Humidity seem ok, I do have to spray constantly as I’ve been running my CHE as a hot spot since she doesn’t seem interested I going into her hide where the UTH is. Still looking for a better option than CHE as they just frickin zap the humidity. Most of the time I’m able to keep humidity at 50-70% through spraying. Could always toss in some moss too.

mayyybe she is going into shed, hard to tell really. She could have been dehydrated from her trip here and I also didn’t notice her moving from her spot for the first days although she could have done it when I didn’t see as I left her alone for most of the time with small little checking to see she was ok Any thoughts?

Last edited by EmiLee; 11-16-2019 at 03:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EmiLee For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (11-16-2019)