It took me a while to work up the courage to ask this in the open group so sorry in advance if I sound ignorant. I don’t have central air in my house, I have an window unit in every room in my house. My room temps with my A/C on is about 70-75 cool side on a hot day and on a cold day it’s getting to 66. My hot side stays at about 77 basking with a small 75w light with about 85-90 under the hide on the hot side. My house has very poor insulation, pretty much without A/C my room will be whatever the outside temp is. To boost up the heat should I try a CHE? I have a dimmer and a UTH hooked up too.

I’m worried if we have another cold winter like we had here this year. If I run both the UTH and CHE what should take priority and which should be hooked up to my thermostat? Will a CHE be ok on just a dimmer if I keep it rather low?

I only need to achieve a 70-75 temp on the cold and between 85-90 hot.

I will show you a pick to help paint a better picture.

This is pretty much the average temps and humidity this summer, is this ok? I just want to make sure I’m doing this right and understanding everything well before my baby gets here.

I had A/C and never lived in the humidity when I had my BP, I only had a dimmer and no thermostat and he did fine. But honestly that was so long ago I hardly remember anything about his enclosure so I feel like this is my first time again ever having a snake. I know this is a lot of stuff to ask and I appreciate your advise in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk