Not sure if this is the right thread, I apologize if it's not.

Here are some questions that I saw posted, and answered for clarification.

1. How long have you had your ball python?

I brought him home from a reptile expo on 7/7, so this past Sunday, to today.

2. How old (or how big) is your snake?

He was hatched approximately 2 months ago

3. Does it eat on a regular schedule?

For the breeder? Yes. And fed well.

4. How long since its last meal?

The breeder didn't feed him a day or two prior to traveling, to avoid sickness. He told me I could attempt to feed him the following day after bringing him home.

5. What type/size prey is being offered?

The breeder said be initially gave him live prey, but had started the transition to f/d hoppers, with success. He told me that this one wasnt having issues with the transition.

6. How often do you offer food?

I offered him a hopper on 7/9 (Tuesday) at around 7:30pm, as he had settled down into one of his hides the day prior. Will be setting a regular schedule based on his weight and needs.

7. What type and size of enclosure does it live in?

An exo terra, covered in a large towel. Because I had initially planned on getting an older juvenile/adult, his tank is... admittedly larger (36×18×18). It has three hides, one of which can be used for shedding, spread through the temperature gradient in the tank. He was very stressed from the trip home, so I wanted him to be able to get out and away from all the noise. Like I said he carefully explored his tank for a few hours, then snuggled into his warm hide.

8. What are you using as substrate? If it has depth, how deep is it?

Aspen. The depth on the side of the UTH is shallower, approx 1/2 an inch or less directly over it, so he can get more heat, or wiggle a bit and lay directly on the glass. The rest is about an inch, inch and a half in depth.

9. What type of heating do you use?

UTH on one side, with temp controls.

10. Do you use a thermostat to control temperatures?

Yes.

11. What do you use to measure/monitor temperatures?

Temp gun

12. What are the surface and ambient temperatures in the enclosure?

Basking spot is 90-91, ambient is about 83-85

13. What is the average humidity level?

50-60%

14. How many and what type of hides does the snake have?

Three, two small, standard hides on either end of temp gradient, and a third which can also be utilized for shedding purposes. If needed, will ad more.

15. Is water readily available at all times?

He has a medium sized bowl of water with him at all times.

16. Does the snake live alone or does it share the enclosure with anything else?

He lives alone.

17. How often and for how long is the snake typically handled?

Handled him only when moving him into the tank, and at the same time, when making some minor adjustments to layout. Havent handled him since, I planned on waiting until he's completely settled in, and has begun eating regularly. Had given him a gentle touch on Tuesday, which he didnt appreciate much (hissed). Left him be after that.

18. Does the snake have any medical history (old injuries or illnesses)?

No.

19. Do you have any other reptiles? Have you brought in any new reptiles recently?

I have 3 leopard geckos, and a bearded dragon. Have had all four for years. Snake is newest addition, isnt in direct contact with them.

20. Is there anything specific or unique about your situation that we should be aware of?

Dante is a 2 month old male "Pumpkin" pied. He's fairly skittish and fearful, but hasnt shown any aggression. He's a baby, so I imagine/hope that this is typical, and that with gentle, consistent handling, he will calm down...

I realize that the size of his tank is large for his size, but he seems like hes settling (isnt frantically searching for an exit, spends most of his time in his little caves). So if I was advised to move him into, say, a 20 gallon, I'd be nervous about re-stressing him, if hes already making progress. If I add more cover, and foliage, might that be acceptable? Like I said I just got him, but at this point he spends most of his time hiding away, but at night he may climb around on his branches a little, to explore. He's fairly timid right now so I'm trying to avoid interacting with him as much as possible..which is painful for me as I am very excited to start working with him on desensitizing.

Also, while I offered him the hopper and he immediately grabbed it, the rest of his effort was half-hearted (barely any coiling, no realigning for ingestion). He didnt consume the hopper. I warmed it up some more, and again he showed a lot of interest (circling, tongue flicking, etc.), but he lost interest and was getting stressed, so I left it at that. I also gave him a piece of my clothing with my scent on it, because I heard that would help him get used to me?

Should I just wait more time before offering him food, like when he's actively hunting? I just know that he's very young and needs nourishment, but I dont want to stress him out either. He's my first snake, and I'll do what I need to to to make him feel comfortable/happy, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I worked with an adult ball python at my last job, but he was so gentle that I could have him with me for hours. He would just fall asleep on my lap. Really hoping I can get to that point with Dante someday.

But really, I'm here ti absorb whatever advice there is to be offered..or any other threads in particular that I missed.

Thank you