Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,049

2 members and 2,047 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,394
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, 316 Pythons

Threaded View

Thanks

Need help with Boa not eating for 7 months

Hi,

I have a 9 year old boa. He stopped eating 7 months ago in November.
    I also have a female boa. She is housed directly under his cage. She is 7 years old.

I do not have them for breeding purposes. They are pets. I don't weigh them so I do not know how much weight he has lost.

I recently came upon information that makes me think her scent is what is causing his hunger strike. I'm hoping more knowledgeable owners can help. Should I move him to another room?

The one change in his life is that I moved to a new place 15 months ago and he and the female were placed in bigger homes at that time. They now live in 4 ft x 2 ft cages by boaphile. But he didn't stop eating until 7 months after moving.

When I offer him food he looks at it and goes in the other direction. Could this be about the female?

There are some photos posted here that will hopefully help. I had him out in the yard a month ago and he passed several large clumps of white material. Is this what is known as a sperm plug? This has never happened before.

Then, tonight he passed what at first glance appear to be feces (keeping in mind hasn't eaten in 7 months) but upon closer inspection contains what appears to be layers of something and there are three or four drops of blood surrounding it in the cage.

I am very confused about what these things might mean, if anything.
    Sorry for the graphic pictures, I was hoping someone would be able to help by seeing them.

(Working on getting pictures onto thread....)

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Heather38; 05-21-2019 at 11:34 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heather38 For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (05-22-2019)