This is my first snake, and I'm still slightly nervous of being tagged, because -- human. I want to make sure I have this set up at least nearly correct

Enclosure: https://imgur.com/a/zxX45ZU
I continuously on a 12 hour cycle run red/white light on a dimmer, and the ambient temps are 82-86 depending. Cyprus mulch substrate, two probe thermometers one to measure the cold side & one on the hot hide, and then the a third that just gives me a rough estimate of the coldest area & humidity. Approximately 4 days after I acquired said snake it ate, so I thin I'm doing well there. I've got the hot hide set at 89.5 on a thermostat roughly sometimes it'll jump to 90.5, because dumb. However, the snake is absolutely terrified by me. I don't know how to get to the point I can pick him up without him acting like he's going to die. Initially he wasn't to difficult but now he runs constantly since he appears to have gotten more comfortable. I've resigned myself to the fact it's a marathon, and i just rub him and then close the cage now until he shows less fear.