Looking into getting a beardy for my fiance (and myself) later this year - but I'm having trouble researching these two topics.

As far as bugs go: I have easy access to crickets, either through pet stores or online ordering and I already raise mealworms (though it seems they are a poor choice for dragons), but for other insects I'm not so sure I could get them reliably. Hornworms seem possible if expensive, dubia are occasionally found in my local shops, however my Fiance has a near on phobia of roaches, so having a colony would be a no go. I've found one online supplier of phoenix worms that has mixed reviews for quality, but again they seem expensive for insects.

I have also used Repashy Grub Pie (https://www.store.repashy.com/grub-p...ar.html?tt=111) as a supplement for native skinks in a rehab settings but it was always for short term nutrition and I have no idea how it would work as added protein for a dragon.

My second question is for caging. I know that they require much more space than an adult ball, something in the 120gal size, but was wondering how the PVC cages work for them. I love my AP cage, however would they be able to shred the plastic with their claws? My Iguana had the bottom half of her wire cage filled in with acrylic and it very quickly became very scratched up from her. Also would an AP cage retain too much humidity - everything I've read suggest around 30-40%.

I'm not going to get an animal that I can't reliably get proper food for, so any input will be greatly appreciated.