Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,982

3 members and 2,979 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

WAY to close for comfort !!!!!!! close call..

Today we had a prediction of some storms and rain, nothing to major, and not supposed to hit until the afternoon.

So I decided to go to the Horse Barn early, to let mine and my friends horses out to the pasture, while doing chores. Figured I had plenty of time to finish up and get them back to their stalls before things got bad.

This Horse Barn is actually on a Military installation. Its in a VERY wooded area.

When I got there, it was cloudy, drizzling and a bit windy. Not to bad, I thought. So I took the 2 girls out and started on chores. And it starts raining, pretty good, too. No thunder, though, no lightning. So I finish chores and I get a text message saying that Ft. Rucker is under Tornado warning. I think, huh? I look up, its very cloudy, drizzling again, but I hear no thunder and see nothing to bad. But off I go towards the pasture to get the girls.

Then the sirens go off. Well CRAPPOLA !!! Off I RUN to go get the horses. My horse sees me and comes racing to the gate, screaming and upset. The other horse of course is still out there, none to bothered. So I tie my girl up and run to get the other one and we all RUN back towards our area. Sirens still blaring. I still see nothing in the sky, thinking, I'm probably running for nothing, making a fool of myself. My horse is still upset and acting crazy, jumping all around me while we run.

Get back to our area and I give them their food, sirens stop. Rain gets stronger, but I still see nothing bad. Then I drive home and literally right past the golf course (which is next to the horse barn) I start seeing damage. Power poles down. Trees down. WHOA !! And more. Firetrucks, police coming from all over. I keep driving towards the gate and home. Weather got worse again going home and its still bad.

Well, I found out we had one touch down, right next to the barn..I guess since cloud cover was low and heavy, I never saw it, despite it being so close. My horse sure knew something bad was on the way. I also found out that the entire military installation is now closed off, they aren't letting anyone come in at this point. Feel bad for the other people that can't get their horses off the pasture or go feed them. Hopefully they will re-open in a couple of hours. But the bad weather is still going on right now..

Someone made this picture, there is also a video, but that is on Facebook so I can't post it.

Last edited by zina10; 04-22-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (04-23-2018)