Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,132

0 members and 2,132 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,395
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Boons

Threaded View

Thanks

"Loves" Being Handled

So one of the facts that the breeder I bought from told me about my 3-month old Ball Python was that he was handled "every day" (which I'm going to say right now was probably exaggeration), and apparently that he "liked" it. She seemed to be very focused on making sure her snakes could tolerate handling before being sold. But then also said that his behavior wasn't typical among her snakes, and he seemed to be the one to most likely want, or at least tolerate, handling. He's very docile and has never bitten according to her.

I know snakes aren't like other animals like cats or dogs, and I'm not here to say my Ball Python likes being handled. I'm more curious if this would actually have consequences? If he was routinely handled outside of feeding times, would it become something he expects, kind of like how BPs behaviors change around feeding days? She did keep him on a feeding schedule, every Friday, and he readily followed that too. I don't know if she over-handled and if it's something I should continue.
    Last edited by LtHoneybun; 12-03-2017 at 02:30 AM.