Preface: yes I've wasted a lot of frozen mice/rats trying to switch my bp over to f/t (admittedly I haven't tried pre killed yet) , and right now he's at the size where he needs two adult mice to be full, and is the right girth for a small rat. (600-700 grams, haven't weighed in a while) However I find small rats are still kind of large at the local pet stores I've been going to and A LOT more intelligent than the mice I've been feeding. My local pet stores also don't seem to carry anything in between the size of a mouse and a small rat.

I usually hold the mouse by the tail and my bp will grab it by the face with no problem, and last week I attempted to feed a rat by holding the tail but this time it climbed it's own tail upwards and bit me. I was so scared of it hurting my bp so I chickened out and promptly went back to the pet store to exchange it for two mice.

I've also heard that some people have trouble switching bps over to rats, so if it's possible; switch them over while they are younger. Should I try to feed a rat again next time, or should I keep feeding two mice until he's at a size where I'm a little more confident he can take down a rat? Anyone have tips? Thanks in advance!