Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 711

1 members and 710 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles

Threaded View

Thanks

Always staring at me?

My ball python has developed this habit of watching me and always looking hungry, even the morning after eating.

He came to me about a month ago at 135 grams, and has been taking an adult mouse every week.
    He has now taken to laying in his hide with his head sticking out, resting on his water bowl and staring out of the tank, or coiling his neck into an s shape and actively watching us whenever he sees us. When he sees us he will often follow us with his head, or slither out of the hide a bit as though he is waiting for food to show itself.

Is it possible that he's not getting enough food? He has been an amazing eater, last week if I hadn't gotten the mouse into the cage as quickly as I did I think he would've struck out of the cage and snatched it away from me (he was slowly inching towards me and wrapped it right after it was offered). I joke around with my husband that the little guy is plotting something, but I'd really like to know if I should be concerned with how intense he's been. He really does look like he's expecting something from me, but never strikes at the glass or anything like that.
    Last edited by PeanutButler; 03-07-2016 at 08:28 PM.