Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,041

1 members and 2,040 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,394
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, 316 Pythons

Threaded View

Thanks

Dog Breeding Ethics

My dog is perfectly happy and healthy and has no breathing/snorting issues. My fiance's pug has these issues and she is very tiny and slim at 16 lbs and so does my mom's shi-tzu. Early spay and neuter DOES effect health. If you ever see dogs who get fixed early they all have long, lanky legs from their growth plates in their legs not forming properly and male dogs will not develop larger heads and structure. A quick Google search from vets who are actually current in medicine and knowledgeable would know this! I had one vet tell me to neuter at 5 months old and I never went back in there again. She was obviously not knowledgeable in certain dog breeds and only pushed unnecessary surgeries and SCIENCE DIET which is corn meal and road kill. I'm sorry but for some people to be criticising dog breeds we as snake keepers inbreed snakes and produce snakes with neurological problems daily in our hobby. I promise you if you feed your dog holistic foods and buy from a good breeder there will be less issues. Beef and chicken trigger allergies in most dog breeds not just bullies and dogs cannot stay on the same protien either for too long. All my friends with frenchies who has skin problems switched to duck, rabbit, pheasant, bison, etc have all cleared up 100%. If you read Purina, Iams, science Diet, and all the other common dog foods the first ingredients are corn meal, animal by product, fillers, and grains. My dog foods first ingredients are whole duck, whole rabbit, spinach, blueberries, lentils, and other fruits and veggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 8_Ball; 02-05-2016 at 12:02 AM.