Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,810

1 members and 1,809 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,763
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama

Threaded View

Thanks

Cut eggs, snakes not coming out!

We decided to go ahead and cut our eggs on day 54 of 90 degrees. This is our first attempt at breeding. We decided to cut because when our female laid the eggs, we did not separate the eggs and instead left them laying in a pile as they seemed like they might rip if we tried to pull them apart, and by day 54 our top 2 eggs were VERY dented and basically caving in on themselves and the bottom 3 were not dented at all. We have had them in a Reptibator incubation system for the full term. The humidity says it's at 80% but the walls are visibly moist and our substrate is definately wet and moist to the touch. I cut the eggs 3 days ago and all snakes appear to be alive however as far as I can tell the yolks are still pretty large. They are still not coming out. It's been three days and at first they were very active and now I checked this morning and they are not moving much. I am heartbroken and am so afraid that I did something wrong and ended up killing my clutch. I only nicked a vein on the very top one and that one actually appears to have some slight movement still. The eggs had a lot of clear liquid in them. I don't know if that means anything or not. I thought they would be coming out a lot earlier so I ended up cutting off the flap of shell at the top and now they are exposed to the air as well, though most are still covered by the clear fluid. Is there anything else I can do? I'm getting to the point now where I feel like every move I make is just making it worse and worse.

http://imgur.com/mRp1b2d
    Last edited by Oh_BubbleTrumps; 08-05-2015 at 10:56 AM.