Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,006

0 members and 2,006 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,762
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama

Threaded View

Thanks

BP escaped his enclosure!

About 2-3 hours ago I left for the movies, my newly acquired 4 years old ball python decided to test the limits of it's enclosure tonight again (I think it's normal since I just got her) but looks like she succeeded, when I came back and opened the door to my room, I noticed I was pushing something, I looked down and there she was. I didn't have any problems putting her back in her enclosure but when I picked her up she was kinda tense. This is my first snake so I'm not actually sure how they act when you handle them, calm or stressed, I just lack experience for now in that department. Anyway it's kind of unfortunate that this happened tonight because I was planning on feeding her for the first time tomorrow evening and now I'm afraid she'll be too stressed and she won't eat.

What do you guys think? Has this ever happened to you? Do you think this whole situation could prevent her from eating tomorrow?
    Also another question, when she got out, most likely she probably fell from about 4 feet onto wooden floor, do you think she could be hurt?

It goes without saying that I will make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Barney; 07-06-2015 at 11:51 PM.