Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
Labs absolutely have a ton of energy, but in my 20 years experience owning both labs and GSPs, nothing on earth compares to the energy output of a GSP. Obviously every dog has their own unique personality and situation, but my 5 year old lab looks like a senior citizen compared to my GSP. You cant go wrong with either of these breeds, im only bringing up any issues for the first time owner to be aware of. If youre committed to their happiness either breed will be amazing outdoors.

If you want a dog that's a big goofball go lab. I hold my 90lb lab like a baby on his back while im standing up.
I've determined I either always pick the hyper pup or I just fail at training labs. They make great working dogs for me, but don't know when to turn off their on.
I couldn't comment on a GSP, I have never owned one, they are however stunning dogs.

I think all the breeds suggested are great, and people are going to have their own reactions to how well the fit with each breed (obviously I'm the GSD lady! lol). Go out and check out several different types of dogs your interested in (a good breeder would let you come meet a few of their dogs) and then zero in from there.