Hey, I'm a newbie to the board and also to Ball Pythons. I haven't got my snake YET but I'm now getting my tank setup before I go purchase a Ball. I've got a pretty small house and not a whole lot of room. So I'll have to put my setup in the living room. I've already have a 20 gal that my wife usually use for fish but she's gonna give it up so I can use it till I can get a bigger tank. I plan on using a heat pad under the tank, and a heat lamp for my heating. Now my question is....what is the proper way to do the day/night lighting cycles??? The tank being in the living room, during the day will be light from the windows coming in...at night, of course it's dark and we always have the lights turned down out there until we go to bed then we turn them completely off. Is that enough for him. At night, I'd like to have some type of light on the tank so I could see in there until I go to bed??? And another question is it being in the living room. Is that a bad idea as far as noise go for him??? I don't really have a choice due to the lack of room. Thanks for any input guys.

Shawn