Hi,

I just moved home from college, and brought my ball python home with me. He's about 2.5 feet long, and usually eats either a live mouse every week or a thawed frozen small rat every 10 days. He is a somewhat picky eater and won't eat when someone is in the room, so I usually just step out for a half hour. However I tried to feed him after moving him home, and he just wasn't interested. Usually when he's being shy or stressed, he'll show interest in the food, but just won't strike. Now he's not showing interest at all and it's been 13 days since he last ate (a small thawed frozen rat). I'm starting to get worried, but he seems to be healthy and happy, and the cage is the perfect temperature. I've tried offering him a live mouse (his favorite), at midnight (when he is most active), and during the day (when he usually eats) and he isn't interested. Should I be concerned? Any advice? I've only had him for several months, so I'm still pretty new at this. Could he be ready to shed? He did about a month ago.

Thanks!