Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
Keeping a gonyosoma in a terrestrial setup would be just as cruel. Gonyosoma should be kept as a purely arboreal species with lots of branches and foliage, etc. They are much more active that a GTP and make much better use of an arboreal environment.

We use the term ratsnake too loosely. Spilotes are a world apart from pantherophis who are a world apart from many old world elaphe which bear little in common with gonyosoma which have different needs than coelognathus.. They are all referred to as ratsnakes, yet they are very different animals with unique husbandry requirements. What applies to one, does not necessarily apply to another.
That's why I said I have never dealt with them.

The GTP thing was just to lighten the mood, and if what you say is true then wow. I've actually never seen a Gonyosoma first hand, but yea rat snakes can differ so much it's not even funny. I've mostly kept North American rat snakes more specifically Texas rat snakes more commonly than other rat snakes. They do climb sometimes but I can say that they've never been perched all the time like you say the Gonyosoma species are. Again I have no experience with them I was just giving advice from my experience with keeping rat snakes because I had 0 experience with that species.