I wasn't quite sure where to post this but I thought this would be the best place to ask.

I bought a PC a few months ago. I noticed while I was setting everything up that when asked for a product key the one on the tower was not working. I guess I ended up skipping that step and was happy to have my computer. I ended up not using it for around a month because I thought it was ruined (lets just say drunk moms and bath tubs are a bad combo for many reasons). I find it is working and though everything was just peachy. Until I started getting notifications saying that my version of Windows 7 is not genuine and that I need to go online and buy it. I went back to the site where I bought it to find that since I bought it it has received several reviews stating that they all have the same problem with Windows 7.

So now for the question. Who is this on? The site I bought it from? HP? Microsoft? From one of the feedback it looks like they tried to get it solved but just kept getting led in circles.