Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
For me, raw is too much trouble and I'm not sure it is worth the extra effort. I've researched quality foods at this site: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/ and feed high quality kibble. The dogs eyes are clear, with no tear staining, coats are clean and shiny and they are healthy. The key is quality, whether you feed raw or kibble.
Lol its not even that hard, but most of the people in this country and elsewhere like the "open bag, pour" method more.
To me it is, being that my dog is dilute he already has issues just based on breeding. He was never allowed to be on a grain in diet, God it was horrible when he was and that was at 4-6weeks old. He was taken off and put on grain free and had been up until mid last year.
Dogs didnt evolve on little cooked cereal bits, they evolved on raw foods and yea the higher quality kibbles are a great thing for people who dont want to take the time breaking down animals to feed their dogs. I just refuse to pay that much for a processed food when I can spend half that and get twice as much food.
That website is a great tool to help figure out what your feeding and where it stacks up in the overall scheme of the kibble brands.
I am glad I stopped feeding TOTW, the quality of the feed is really going down hill and even when it was up and no issues with quality I still had to bathe and feed my dog ACV to keep him from being overtaken by yeast, now I dont ever have to give ACV and can just give it as a supplement not a medication to cure his yeast.
To me its worth it, my dog is in better health and condition that he was on kibble.

But yea, quality of ingredients is the main thing, regardless of what you feed.