Quote Originally Posted by ratlover887806 View Post
they shouldnt be weaned fully until 4-5 weeks 3 at the least also you wont want to put two breeding males in together cause they will fight to the death once a female comes into heat the lemale rat carries for 20-22 days normaly and should have a little time to regain weight after each litter or it will take too much outta her bones and body and she will be more suseptible to diseases and those diseases can pass on to her babies which then you feed to your snakes then they pass on to your snakes which can be very disastrous for the snake rat and all involved and if you sell a sick rat to someone and it hurts there reptile you can be held responsible if you intend on selling some of them to help incure your cost of feeding and breeding them they are easy to breed and very easy to overbreed which can cause problems not in the overpopulation fact but the health fact anything else just ask cause i breed rats and have breed them for about 5-6 years now and i dont own snakes but i sell them for pets and feeders
What are some of these diseases that you speak of? If a snakes stomach acids are strong enough to break down everything like bones and fur, then I dont know how many diseases there could be in a captive bred rat that would hurt them. They also have been known to eat carrion in the wild, as someone else said. Im not trying to pick a fight with you btw, just wondering?