So I've been working with this new pair I have and have had a couple observations about handling these guys.
First, it must be noted that I, like many of you, am socialized to Ball Pythons and have crossed over so to speak, to bloods, so a lot of my comparison will be to a ball.
Anyway, getting them out of the tub is no biggie, but once in my hand, I've noticed that where a ball will (once they relax) glide through your hands, a blood will move its head around, move a little, then back up, change directions, etc. Do you guys see the same thing.
Also, I'm learning that balls seem to tolerate faster movements way better than the bloods. I feel like I have to move and handle the bloods very slowly - no sudden movements and no grabbing them around the body like a ball. I had my girl out this morning and was doing fine with her. As I was getting ready to put her back into her tub, I moved her to my left hand and turned around to pull her tub out of the rack and I must have done something she didn't like because in a flash, she tried to take a chunk out of my right hand. She had been completely calm and was handling real well, then blam! She didn't get me, but I was startled none the less.
Anything else other than slow movement and letting them kinda go where they want I should consider when handling again? I want them to have a good experience every time so they become more socialized to regular handling and I know as babies, they can be extra defensive, so I want to do the right things early on.

Thanks
Jim