Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,664

1 members and 2,663 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Aag2019 (31)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,610
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99

Threaded View

Thanks

Losing Weight - Non Feeding Ball Python

A while back I posted about a female normal ball python that I have that will not eat. I have tried everything from f/t, live, pre-killed, mice, rats, ASFs, etc. She's been losing small amounts of weight (last weigh in she was at 950g). Weird enough, I noticed she was going into shed. I thought that was odd since she had only had 1 small mouse (force-fed) in the span of over 2 months. Today, she shed and had the biggest poop of her life! Something that has me worried though is that the poop consisted of both solid poop (normal poop) and a jelly like substance that was brown (there were also urates). She is now under 900g. I threw her on the scale but didn't write it down. I do remember it was over 850g. She looks really thin (getting that triangle shape) but I have to say she looks better than she did 1 month ago, despite the fact she's losing weight. Her color seems better, and she was actually S'ed up when I opened the tub to clean her. (Normally she is in a ball 24/7)

I did not get a picture of the jelly substance (I should have!) but what are your thoughts on the weird poop, her going into shed, and her being off feed for so long. I'm thinking about force-feeding her again just to get something in her, but I don't want to do anything to harm her.

Last edited by Jay_Bunny; 01-13-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added photos.
    Under Construction.....