Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,020

3 members and 2,017 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,155
Threads: 248,596
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Upstream Morphs

Threaded View

Thanks

Nerissa's weird nose...

I've had my adult female Nerissa for about a year, and she's had a nose "abnormality" since she arrived... the seller & I are pretty sure it happened en route, since she was normal when he shipped her off (and I've seen photos to prove it). What likely happened is she started to shed, and was rubbing her nose against the bag/box all night - she shed the night she arrived, and it just looks like a rubbing-type of injury. I thought this would go away in another shed or two, but a year later she still has this weird raw/pink nose.

I guess it's just permanent scarring at this point, so I'm not too concerned about that... lately I've noticed a change, however, where the top of her nose is slightly more swollen & bulbous. Do you think I need to have it checked out, or is this something that can't be fixed? And what do you think about the sudden swelling? It's not majorly different from before, but enough that it made me take notice. Here are some photos:

See the bump above her nostrils? Most BPs are actually "concave" at that spot...

Last edited by Lolo76; 09-28-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee
    0.1 Spotted Python, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    3.4 Corn Snakes, 1.1 Western Hognose Snakes, 1.2 cats, and 1.0 dog (47lb mutt)