Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,553

0 members and 2,553 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

D3rv (47)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,612
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99

Threaded View

Banned
    Thanks

Zilla-Where Reptiles Rule

Reptiles rule but zilla doesn't care enough to make quality!

Let me urge everyone thinking of purchasing there products to reconsider. I purchased some zilla 40gal tanks one at beginning of May and one on the 13th. The one I just purchased the screen lid is coming undone and the bottom of the tank is cracked over UTH(UTH is on a thermostat). My brother just bought the same tank and his screen too is coming undone. The silicone in the corners are peeling off on all three tanks and am sure the screens on this one other tank will come off sooner or later. Keep in mind these tanks are not even a month old and haven't even been washed yet. The plastic lids all have a bow right in middle of lid top side front where locking mechanism is located.

Companies are just cutting to many corners to save a buck now a days and it is we the consumers who seem to pay. We don't have to anymore! Stop purchasing junk not made to last let these companies know they have to make quality to sell!

These tanks just need a 1m thicker application for the tank. The silicone needs to be a higher grade and tucked under plastic top brim of tank. The lid screen needs to be incorporated into the plastic lid mold. If these engineering steps would have been taken this would of been a fine product. Yet they wanted to save a buck and produce more tanks! Cut down on the material for the tank. Assembled everything then siliconed. Snapped the screen into a plastic groove without any sealant.
    Last edited by -C@jun-; 05-25-2010 at 03:51 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to -C@jun- For This Useful Post:

jfreels (05-25-2010)