Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,362

5 members and 2,357 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,589
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala

Threaded View

Thanks

Re: Burm vs Yellow Anaconda? First BIG snake.

Alot of people are misinformed about anacondas temperments. Much like retics. People are prone to saying anacondas are like chainsaws. And this all comes from the thousands of imported wc snakes. It has somewhat died down with reticulated pythons but still seems to be the normal rep for anacondas. Not every snake is the same there are some snakes out there that from the time born to the time they die no matter how often you handle them will be satan and some are angels. However with more captive breeding that has been going on there is no reason you can not find not find a cbb yellow. Captive breeding has gone a long way and theres more and more people breeding anacondas nowadays especially yellows. Anacondas are more work then burms but they are also my favorite snakes. I do however agree with mike about one thing no matter how tame you think they are sometimes they have an off day but you know what every snake has days where it doesent want to be messed with. Anacondas just have a way of showing it better. I will say 9o percent of the time you get bitten by an aconda you never see it coming. Usually with a burm you can usually tell when your about to get bitten but anacondas have different striking methods and alot of time they dont even strike they will just turn there head and tag the side of your arm or hand. But I hate seeing people give these amazing animals bad reps. There not bad snakes. There amazing creatures just stay away from wc animals and purchase catpive bred babies and you should be fine. Also anacondas do not need a water bowl big enough to soak in to survive in captivity but I im my opinion they should be provided. They love the water and I couldnt ever take that away from them

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Denial For This Useful Post:

shescountry89 (05-17-2010)