Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,553

0 members and 2,553 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,395
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Boons

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Re: What do you do when your snake dies?

I've buried some, and thrown some out. Be aware that if you put a snake in the garbage, you should really keep it in the freezer until garbage day, then triple bag it or more. A rotting snake smells really horribly awful and trust me, your garbage men WILL begin avoiding your house like a plague zone.

If you bury a snake, bury it deep, and bury it where roaming dogs will not dig it up. Someone Fido coming home with a 6 ft long python in his mouth, you won't be able to convince people it wasn't an escaped pet, instead of a dead-properly buried one.

The beetles can make a really cool skeleton display, and you can wire it up and glue the ribs on, and it would be way cool. Just be sure you have somewhere to do it, because you don't want the dead snake lying on the coffeetable in the meantime. I have been told that it's best to skin them first, and remove extra tissue to help speed the process, so make sure you aren't too squeemish to do that part.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

RyanF (10-18-2009)