Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,992

1 members and 1,991 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,411
Threads: 248,770
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SnakeLover233

Threaded View

Thanks

I am going to have to disagree

With the people who state that feeding your snake inside his enclosure, or in a separate enclosure makes no difference...

Last night i decided to feed my BP in his tank for the first time...I've NEVER seen him act so aggressive...the minute (actually the second) I plopped the mouse in there, he started cruising, he knew right away...It was amazing to see his hunting behavior which I've never seen...

But...yes there is a but, actually there are two butts...and I cannot lie...

He missed! For the first time, he missed! Granted it was an awkward situation(Kinda like the last scene in Kill Bill 2 where Uma Thurman has her final meeting with David Carradine [may he rest in peace]...no the mouse wasn't having a philosophical moment about the identity of superman...) , he wasn't positioned right, and I guess he was kinda trigger happy...Nonetheless, he MISSED! Do you guys know what that does to a snakes pride?! They don't wanna talk to you, they start hanging with the wrong crowd...they start experimenting with god knows whats on the streets...They go bungee jumping and not invite you because they think your just not "cool" to do it with them, when they don't realize bungee jumping was a fear of mine that I planned on conquering by the age of 25...and now I am 29...Okay maybe not all that, but it did hurt my pride a little bit...He NEVER misses!

Additionally i was cleaning his tank today, and he came out of his hide very aggressively looking to see if i had his food...he NEVER comes out of his hide when I'm cleaning...I must admit, i was a bit intimidated...

I have to say that I'm no snake's pushover

so i will continue feeding him in his feeding bin...to see if his Osbourne behavior will subside...

Thank you,
    Last edited by JLC; 07-20-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: language