Well Bella the Lab, being Bella she's just got to figure out a new way to make me crazy LOL.

We just moved into our home last month and have a lovely fenced back yard. Unfortunately the fence isn't quite high enough to contain a very high jumping, high energy Labrador. We have a very long cable tie out for Bella but she also gets off lead free and very active play at least twice a day. At first she was just fine being left tied out for a few hours here or there. She has shade available, a full water dish at all times and tons of dog toys available to her (sticks, kong, various balls, etc.)

Apparently none of these things have become as much fun as excavating huge holes in our yard this week! Every day Mike and I are busy filling her latest dig site and it's driving me batty. It's not like she's left out there alone for the whole day or she has nothing to play with. She seems to like being tied out for a bit each day and will resist coming in when I call her so I don't think she's upset by being in the yard alone for short periods during the day.

I'd love to have a backyard that looks decent and I've never dealt with a dog that digs to this depth before. Any ideas on how to break this habit before it gets worse?