Hello there, I posted my first thread on the cat section here b/c I'm a cat lover, but soon to be a BP lover. Wanted to introduce myself, post a couple pics that I took today when I went to meet the BP, and ask a question.

My husband has been wanting a BP for the last year. I've been doing all the research (I'm a little OCD about researching new pets) and then I tell my husband what to do LOL.

We haven't picked up the BP yet b/c we aren't quite ready. Want to get temp regulated, and any problems fixed before bringing home. Hopefully Thurs will be the day. His current home isn't really what's best for him. First off, there's no basking lamp , his only source of heat is a heat rock and one log to hang out in, and no thermometer. We'll provide him with the with everything that's recommended for a BP. I've already printed and read the care sheets, and the section on how to set up a glass vivarium. Over all though, he seems healthy, active and very friendly. I'm sure he'll thrive when given the proper equipment for his needs. (say "he" not really knowing for sure)

My question is, what's the best way to transport him from his current home, to my home which is an hour away? Is the car heat enough to keep warm, or should a bring "warmie" (we use warmies when transporting sick kittens at the rescue I volunteer with - which is a tube sock filled with uncooked rice and microwaved until desired heat is reached. Stays warm for a couple hours)