I picked up a free gecko off craigs list recently. My first one.

The first thing I noticed about her was her size. I didn't expect her to be so big since the only ones I've seen have been juvies in the pet shops. She's 8inches and built pretty stocky. She appears to have 'normal' markings (still learning all of this). Is 8 inches a standard size for an adult female leo?

I think she is 5 or 6yrs old. She has not been handled much, and does not like to be picked up. But I found that after holding her for a few minutes, she turned into a little puppy dog and seems to like me. She jumps from anyone elses hands who tries to hold her... She does not bite, just makes a little squeak now and then...

Is it common for them not to eat after being moved? She has eaten a few meal worms, but that's it. Won't even consider a Dubia nymph or super. They said she was a terrible hunter and had to stop trying to give her crickets. They fed her mainly from tongs. So maybe she is just very finicky? She seems plump enough...

They had her on reptilite calci type sand. I got her off of it and now has slate with just a small patch of sand.

They never provided a humid hide. They had 2 UTH pads AND a bulb (not sure what type - roundish like a house bulb, but a slight purple color and no markings). Seems way to much heat to me. So right now I 'm just using an infrared light that is on day and night (75W). It is making a 90 degree basking spot, with a cool side of 70ish. Still working on the temps and tweaking things though. She gets natural light (indirect) from a nearby window.

I made her a nice humid hide now. She seems to have some shed around the toes, so I'll try a wet q-tip on those.

Anything else I'm missing? Oh, I put calcium powder with D3 in a tiny dish in the corner.

Thanks