Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,395

2 members and 3,393 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

shes definatly cooking something........

So I havent handled my normal female in a few weeks, I go to take her out to clean her tub and once she relaxed I noticed four large lumps on her lower belly about half the size of chicken eggs.... So obviously shes developed follicles. Strange thing is Her behavior hasnt really changed. I will try to feed her again tomarrow ( she hasnt eaten for more than 2 months now) so that being said i would think it would be safe to say that she hasnt ovulated yet. Tell me what you guys think. Ohh yeah and she has unfortunatly been with a male pastel, hes all i had that wa close to ready. But hey i didnt do anything to persued them so if i get healthy eggs that hatch i should be happy right. Ohh and another thing one of the reasons i am so blind sided by this is i also have not seen them court lock or anything there.... There have been no signs.... One last thing how can you tell a slug from a good egg when palpating? Please help

Thanks

Re: shes definatly cooking something........

Come on guys nothing to say?? Also say there was a chance i was able to have her with a loaner stud, with the size of her eggs that i described is it too late to pair her with another male. Also if theres a chance to pair still is there anyone in colorado springs or denver thats a reputable breeder that might be willing to stud out? Thanks for your input. Ohh and one last bit she is a reduced pattern with really nice color ( alot of yellow on her lower sides) shes an 06 and just under 1600 grams.

Thanks

If you can feel follicles, she hasn't ovulated yet. After ovulation, the eggs can be tough to detect.

I have had bps lay fertile eggs without witnessing copulation. Some males are quick.....

Don't sweat telling the difference between eggs and follicles. It is one of those "you'll know when you feel it" type of things. When you palpate a bunch of females all at once, you can sometimes feel a difference. Like I said, don't sweat it. If they are viable follicles or eggs and things are meant to be, then you will know soon enough. (but it will seem like FOREVER)

Thanks

thanks for your input! Yeah its so crazy it was totally unexpected. So whats the difference between eggs in follicles? Is it just the difference in size. Like i said when she relaxes theres four very obvious lumps in her belly. If those are still considered follicles, the what the heck are eggs lol!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatelovesBPs View Post
    Come on guys nothing to say?? Also say there was a chance i was able to have her with a loaner stud, with the size of her eggs that i described is it too late to pair her with another male. Also if theres a chance to pair still is there anyone in colorado springs or denver thats a reputable breeder that might be willing to stud out? Thanks for your input. Ohh and one last bit she is a reduced pattern with really nice color ( alot of yellow on her lower sides) shes an 06 and just under 1600 grams.
    Your post was only up there for 15 minutes!!! And I can't type that fast. If you think that was a long time to wait you have your work cut out for you when the eggs come

It will be the longest two months of your life:

Thanks

Sorry lol after just reading your post my response sounded rather stupid, im just excited! I guess the appropriate question would have been. How is it that the eggs are hard to detect after ovulation shouldnt they become easier to detect when they are increasing in size?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Compel View Post
    Your post was only up there for 15 minutes!!! And I can't type that fast. If you think that was a long time to wait you have your work cut out for you when the eggs come

It will be the longest two months of your life:
    Yeah i know, sorry. I was just surprised that 13 people read it before anyone had anything to say.

Thanks

Also not too many people are up at 1 am
    Mark Batch
    (716)-603-9188
    supercinnamon1day@yahoo.com