Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,130

1 members and 3,129 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Being harrassed by a reptile rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    Getting smart with the mods is a great way to become part of this wonderful community. I applaud you and request that you continue so that I may entertain my eyes a while longer.

Shipping with the USPS is ILLEGAL and talk of ILLEGAL practices is another great way to get your foot in the door. Shipping with SYR is no longer (until further notice) which leaves.... Oh yes.. FedEx as your only alternative for your rEsCuE

Have a wonderful and sanctified day!

I'm stating truth. You don't know what you are talking about. USPS is authorized under Domestic Mail Manual 601 Co 22.3.10 and 9.3.3 as well as USPS Publication 52 Exhibit 526.6. Maybe you should read up before challenging someone who does this year end and year out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Shipping with the USPS is ILLEGAL and talk of ILLEGAL practices is another great way to get your foot in the door. Shipping with SYR is no longer (until further notice) which leaves.... Oh yes.. FedEx as your only alternative for your rEsCuE

Have a wonderful and sanctified day!

Actually the animal is a lizard, so I believe it is legal to ship with USPS, and SYR is only prohibiting shipping of SNAKES, not lizards. So I believe shipping the lizards is okay through either service.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

Jason Bowden (06-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Mind if I ask you a question? Isn't running a rescue about helping the animals? How does pursuing an old debt of less than $20 help any animals? Don't you, as a rescue organization, have more important things to spend your time and energy on?

I'm quite sure you both have your own sides of the story...and pretty certain the truth lies somewhere in the middle, even if both sides are convinced they are infallible. But it's beyond me how this issue is worth so much hatred and hostility. The world is full of animals who would LOVE to have that passion directed at meeting their needs instead.

Sure. It's about principle as much as helping animals. It's also about righting a smear she started in this forum which I have just been made aware of. Now I don't put a price on principle. Maybe others do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    Actually, you cannot continue to contact someone if she has requested you to stop. At that point you have to resort to LEGAL means to retrieve your money. It's a law about stopping bill collectors from harrassing people.

If she holds the animal illegally, then report her to the appropriate authorities. Harrassing someone, no matter how many animals you have rescued, is no way to help the animals or educate people.

What kind of "special rescue" boxes are you using to ship in?
    These are legal means I was using. Try telling a bill collector to stop calling you for collections action. It doesn't work that way. Telecommunications act does not apply in those circumstances. You can only tell people trying to sell you something to stop calling, not someone collecting a debt.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhrynosomaTexas View Post
    Sure. It's about principle as much as helping animals. It's also about righting a smear she started in this forum which I have just been made aware of. Now I don't put a price on principle. Maybe others do.
    Well, there ya go. You've stated your side of things...which is about all you will be able to do here. The debt can't be collected through or at our site. She stated her case...you've stated yours. Seems like it should be even-scales as far as this site is concerned.
    -- Judy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

So the USPS ships live reptiles? If that is true, it's the scariest thing I've heard today. I would never ship/recieve anything live other than feeder insects via USPS. Nor would I trust anyone who does/did.

I believe you (the accused) need to make the OP aware that you have found her thread. She needs to be given the opportunity to answer.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

No, you're wrong. Harrassment by a bill collector is illegal.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...dit/cre18.shtm

If she sends you a written letter, you can no longer contact her. In addition, you are NOT allowed to discuss debts with anyone(other than her, her spouse or her lawyer).
    You are also required to send her a written letter describing the alledged debt within 5 days of contact.

If you want to get all legal on what is or is not the law. That's the laws.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post
    'collections' is pretty vague. I think it's probably BS. Tell him you're blocking him, that you consider your debts paid for having shipped the box, and that this is the end of it whether he likes it or not.

Tell him he's free to pursue 'collections', but won't be getting a penny from you, and that you have complete records of every e-mail he's sent you about the entire thing, which you will keep on hand to submit to authorities if necessary.

Since you did not ask for the insects, and you did not agree to pay for the insects, you do not owe him anything for them. That's the law. Nothing he threatens matters in the face of that.

I'd go complain on Fauna BOI too, so others can steer clear of someone who's obviously a bad egg in the 'rescue' scene. (I have to wonder about anyone in a rescue who would behave this way). They will ask you to post the e-mails and correspondences, of course, to prove your claim. It's for the best.

Any wonder she never filed a BOI? She was sooooo upset about something that she could have just settled by paying up. I don't ship feeders to people for free. When she reneged on her commitment to surrender the animal to rescue, then she owes me for what she used for herself. I think that's fair, and that's the only reason she continued to have trouble about it.

Obviously a bad egg? You are bad mouthing someone you have had no dealings with and you don't know the facts. I'd say that puts you in some question about how you behave and judge situations you aren't privvy to the facts on. I guess all this gets a pass here though when you people are bad mouthing non-members?

Oh...and $9 is what she calculated she owed me after subtracting for ridiculous $15 charges. She owed more like over $20.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    No, you're wrong. Harrassment by a bill collector is illegal.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...dit/cre18.shtm

If she sends you a written letter, you can no longer contact her. In addition, you are NOT allowed to discuss debts with anyone(other than her, her spouse or her lawyer).
    You are also required to send her a written letter describing the alledged debt within 5 days of contact.

If you want to get all legal on what is or is not the law. That's the laws.

Well lets get legal, since I have actually studied law. First, she has not submitted a written letter...so everything else you said is MOOT! NEXT?

I am responding to accusations on a web forum. I can use relevant facts of the matter to defend myself, and I will. Fair enough for you?

Thanks

So the USPS ships live reptiles? If that is true, it's the scariest thing I've heard today. I would never ship/recieve anything live other than feeder insects via USPS. Nor would I trust anyone who does/did.

I believe you (the accused) need to make the OP aware that you have found her thread. She needs to be given the opportunity to answer.

Wow, actually learned something? Well I don't trust someone who didn't know enough about reptile shipping to know that, or do research before slamming someone who does so successfully for many years.

I have rescued well over 100 horned lizards by USPS express without ONE SINGLE FATALITY in transit. I'll stick to the way I do it, thank you very much.

Why don't you or one of the mods inform the OP. It's not my responsibility. She didn't offer the same courtesy before slamming me here.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast