Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,600

1 members and 2,599 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: We made it on Fox News!

Quote Originally Posted by MPenn View Post
    It was great to see that we had a spot on the news but did they have to show the toddlers all laying around on the snakes? There may have been an adult present but with the tight camera shots, none was shown. If we want the everyday public to respect us for what we do and our right to own them, why show video clips of that?
    Ya, I agree. We didn't need that... also a few clips of 4 people holding a snake and the snake struggling like that (Right in the begining I believe)... but overall, that wasn't too bad...
    Coolluigi007
    0.1 Pastel Pos Het Orange Ghost, 2.1 Pastel, 1.0 Mojave Pos Het Orange Ghost, 3.0 Yellowbelly, 1.0 100 % Het Pied, 0.8 50% Het Pied, 3.10 Normal, 0.2 100% Het Orange Ghost, 0.2 Spider, 1.2 100% Het VPI Axanthic... and soon to be more. *fingers crossed*

Thanks

Re: PIJAC on fox news today (video)

Quote Originally Posted by PythonBreeder View Post
    I loved the part with the kids all over the burm. IDK why people are disagreeing. That just shows that pythons are NOT all evil. You could tell the python was a loved pet that was so tame it let the kids lay around it and all that. Just my
    I posted this in another thread but felt it was relevant here.

It was great to see that we had a spot on the news but did they have to show the toddlers all laying around on the snakes? There may have been an adult present but with the tight camera shots, none was shown. If we want the everyday public to respect us for what we do and our right to own them, why show video clips of that?

While the burm may have seemed tame, it is a falsehood. It is still a wild animal. Better yet, replace the burm with a 600 lb. "pet" tiger and see if the response would have been the same. It only takes one second to become seriously injured.
    Several years ago, Dave Barker wrote an article for Reptiles magazine. In it is a picture of a really bad retic bite he received that was less than an inch away from being a very serious, perhaps dehabilitating, injury. I do not remember his exact words but to paraphrase, the normally "tame" snake was spooked when they tried to remove a piece of shed from the snake and it delivered the bite.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

most of the time when he talks, they show video vootage LOL

i had to watch it twice cuz i was distracted
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've merged the two threads.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonBreeder View Post
    Did you just say snakes are never tamed? Snakes can to be tamed and can show affection. Just my other
    I sure as hell did..Tame no docile yes worlds apart..You are so far wrong if you think you snake shows you affection its not even to being funny. You need to do some research or soul searching or something.

Thanks

Reptiles aren't tame, they are docile or "tolerant" to human contact. The babies and toddlers climbing on the snake is completely irresponcible and obviously notes the undertone of that clip. This clip is meant to sicken people, and get people FOR legislation banning reptile ownership. The 'we need to implement several strategies... including deal with the private ownership problem' pointing towards the army coming into your house and taking your animals (this happened for different reasons in Nor Cal, who is to say its not going to happen with FL). I can't believe what I saw here, and the lobbyist is TOTALLY against reptile ownership, while maintaining a so-close-to-neutral approach that you might think he was pro-reptiles, when in fact this whole clip is a BASH and negative to snakes in particular, but subliminally reptiles as a whole. Thumbs down for the pet lobbyists... my faith and hope now lies with USARK. Hopefully donations will rise and we can all stand together to fight this negative media.

Ps. I am going to get rich with all the 2 cents (and a nickel!) flying around in this thread. Don't mind me while I pick it all up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123