Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,386

1 members and 3,385 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Betta!

Thanks

Awesome Betta!

I was so tempted to bring a betta fish home today. My husband said no because we are already pissing my mother in law off by bringing home a 5th ferret and a leopard gecko. As soon as we get our own house though, I am so getting into betta fish again. My husband took a picture on his cell phone, so I have to wait for him to send it to mine so I can upload it (he's at work) but this betta fish was amazing! It was black with silvery markings and was a half moon! My favorite kind and favorite color! OMG! I want that betta! ARg!
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Re: Awesome Betta!

Odd, usually you only find quality bettas online from breeders. I use aquabid.com or go to breeders sites.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    I was so tempted to bring a betta fish home today. My husband said no because we are already pissing my mother in law off by bringing home a 5th ferret and a leopard gecko. As soon as we get our own house though, I am so getting into betta fish again. My husband took a picture on his cell phone, so I have to wait for him to send it to mine so I can upload it (he's at work) but this betta fish was amazing! It was black with silvery markings and was a half moon! My favorite kind and favorite color! OMG! I want that betta! ARg!
    You will have one soon

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    Odd, usually you only find quality bettas online from breeders. I use aquabid.com or go to breeders sites.
    Hey i know that place lol
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

I used to be really into betta fish. I had 4 in total. Just your average pet store bettas but I treated them like royalty. Jolly Rodger was a red crowntail. I found an old picture of him. I was planning on breeding him. This was his old "tank". I later moved him into his own 5g.

Then there was Captain Morgan. He was really pretty too. He ended up in his own 3g tank. His fins really were clean at parts.

And the ladies. The ladies were each in their own 1g tank. I had plans to move them into their own 3g tanks.

The red female never sat still so getting a picture of her was really hard.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

I really wanted to get into keeping and breeding different kinds of betta fish and I went to aquabid daily to see what new bettas were up for sale. At the time I had these betta fish I lived with my grandmother and she was on the verge of letting me breed bettas (it takes up a lot of room), but I ended up finding them new homes. At the time I didn't have any more time for them (because of the small tank size, I was doing daily water changes on all the betta tanks and was doing changes on two other fish tanks as well.)

Oh and they also had Double Tails at the store too! A few really pretty ones!
    Under Construction.....

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

You should check out the mustard gas yellow colored bettas, easily my favorite.

Thanks

Finally got it uploaded.

Under Construction.....

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Looks like a black gold male.....I resent the fact that I had to drool over bettas on aquabid to identify it though :-(
    Always make me want to buy from Thailand.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Cool looking beta .I found a breeder in Florida and i might be picking up a pair of half moons soon
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

nice looking bettas. you could also look on ebay, there are a few us breeders that sell on there. aquabid is one of the better places to buy bettas from though and I have purchased a few from thailand. the color and vinnage variety that exists is amazing. I'm in the process of setting up my old 10g tank for my fish.. now I have two bettas (male and female) and two otto cats (don't know the sexes on those). I'm planning on setting it up the diana walstad way. I'll post a thread on it when I finally get to set it up. I would go back and get the fish, put him in a small tank and leave it at that.
    Doris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast