Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,360

4 members and 3,356 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: attitude

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    So, you 20 don't have a magic wand? ::::wave, wave, poof!:::: How about the big, red, Staples "Easy" button?

But what, pray tell, is "bear baiting"?
    Yes, just what IS bear baiting?
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bear baiting is virtually poking a stick at another member to get a rise out of them. There are varying degrees of bear baiting, and too subjective to define on a case by case basis.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Bear baiting is virtually poking a stick at another member to get a rise out of them. There are varying degrees of bear baiting, and too subjective to define on a case by case basis.
    A stick you say? Any particular type? Oak, Birch, perhaps Willow?

And a rise you say? Ewwww, that's gross.

I like beating dead horses. It's much safer and when you're done, you're the eatee not the eator, them bears can get mad. Fierce too.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

scutechute (08-26-2009)

Thanks

Bear baiting is virtually poking a stick at another member to get a rise out of them.
    That sounds like Kindergarten. Or middle school. And the Quarantine area sounds like the Time Out room, LOL!

Found this on the Web:

1 husband ~ 2 daughters
    1 dog ~ 3 cats ~ 1 guinea pig
    1 BP: Patriot

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    A stick you say? Any particular type? Oak, Birch, perhaps Willow?

And a rise you say? Ewwww, that's gross.

I like beating dead horses. It's much safer and when you're done, you're the eatee not the eator, them bears can get mad. Fierce too.
    Any stick will do!

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Red face Re: Attitude

Its the internet.... Thats all you have to tell yourself. It can be the most helpfull and informative place in the world.. Or it can be the exact opposite. With Scammers, bullies, stalkers, etc...

This is a good forum because its moderated so closely. Yes some of the members and even moderators can get a little (offbeat) at times, but think of what they have to deal with in here constantly.

I myself posted a question about genetics but now i feel kinda silly about some of the things i said and the fact that i posted my question before i was fully prepared with good pictures and other info that would actually allow the members who read it to give me the advice i was looking for.. In my case, a dinker project is just that. No one knows.. Just keep breeding and dont bother us with your silly questions when we know nothing about the animals you own..

So dont worry about the infraction and definately stick around. There is some very useful info on here and im sure everyone knows something that someone else would benefit from. Thats why were here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsesmommy View Post
    ive been with this site for maybe a month and loooking at the pictures and all that is great, plus people are really helpful, most of the time. im always reading posts that have alot of attitude and smarty pants remarks in them. people argue and go on and on. then i receive a warning for saying a bad word in a post ? idk it seems dumb to me.
    i think maybe when people give advice they should just say what could help then end it. dont get all worked up and takes things personal, its annoying. obviously if someones asking for advice they realize theyre doing something wrong and the people giving advice should be grateful the person asking came for help instead of not caring.
    tata for good
    I know ive already posted on this thread but i was reading it again and suddenly wondered if we would be allowed to "swear" like they do on Battlestar Galactica LOL If you dont know what im talking about, its a SciFi series based on an original movie and possibly a book (I think). Its considered family friendly because even tho they swear all the time, they have altered the words (basically made up their own) and its funny as heck to hear it. Like the "F" word is "rack" instead of "uck"... Beginning with an F of course.. They have an entire slew of swear words they use that are not offensive but more funny than anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Probably not.

We have a rule against changing the spelling of a word to bypass the censors using either alternate letters or asterisks etc.

Now add in a groggy half asleep mod and you're 3/4 home to infractionville. If they have never seen Battlestar your goose may well be cooked.

Since we are not trying to teach you how to be more inventive in your swearing it's probably safest to stick to PG language such as "fudge" and "poot"

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Bear baiting is virtually poking a stick at another member to get a rise out of them.
    Like another member did to me recently for no apparent reason. Fortunately Dr. Del informed me of the "Ignore" feature... problem solved...

Yayyy #300...
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

Probably not.

We have a rule against changing the spelling of a word to bypass the censors using either alternate letters or asterisks etc.

Now add in a groggy half asleep mod and you're 3/4 home to infractionville. If they have never seen Battlestar your goose may well be cooked.

Since we are not trying to teach you how to be more inventive in your swearing it's probably safest to stick to PG language such as "fudge" and "poot"

dr del
    I was literally when i read this! Not laughing at you, but with you lol!! Especially the fudge and poot parts... I just cant bring myself to say those things! Mind you.. I dont swear hardly at all so you'll never hear a 4 letter word out of me. You're right about the Battlestar part. People who have never seen it would not have any idea whats going on lol! So scratch that idea

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast