Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,352

3 members and 3,349 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: attitude

Thanks

Re: attitude

I'm gonna try my best to ask this without getting in trouble...

What qualifies as an infraction?

I know PG is what is suggested but that still can be interpretted different by many different people. I have some pretty colorful language sometime (no worries not on here), so PG to me would be words like heck or darn, in some cases butt (You can obviously switch those out with the words im thinking)

Also, what about suggestive sayings? Obviously the entire "out of context" thread comes to mind here lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    LOL

Truly. I actually did.
    x2

I haven't been on many forums for a long time, but this is by far the nicest one out there.

Quote Originally Posted by stinker2009 View Post

Later, Matt
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

"Pattimuss doesn't run, he prances most delicately, like a beautiful but sad fairy, winged and capped, curly toed shoes on each foot, dancing on dewdrops while lazy crickets play soft music for him to keep time by...." - Wes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsesmommy View Post
    actually i thought, is this really that bad of a word ?
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=99370
    here is my infracted post.
    im not mad i got an infraction, i deserved it
    im just saying people shouldnt get their panties up in a bunch , including those asking for advice and maybe admins should regulate that too so people dont get turned off to the site like i have.
    Why are you assuming that Admins and Mods for that matter don't regulate such things? Just because you got an infraction does not mean others haven't when they've gone over the line as well.

What leads you to believe that simply asking a question about what qualifies as infractable would get you "in trouble"? I've been on this site a long time both as a member and as a Moderator and I've yet to see anyone get in any trouble asking a reasonable question using appropriate language.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

What qualifies as an infraction?
    Here you go:

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/a....php?f=89&a=15

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    What leads you to believe that simply asking a question about what qualifies as infractable would get you "in trouble"?
    Oh heck, a few weeks ago I started an entire thread to ask about infractions because I had no clue.
    1 husband ~ 2 daughters
    1 dog ~ 3 cats ~ 1 guinea pig
    1 BP: Patriot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Wow thats awesome thanks! I know I have written a thread and gone back and changed a word here or there to keep myself from coming off as a jerk.

I also like how it addressed my exact words lol

Thanks

I know Im late on this thread, but getting upset over an infraction...really? A 0 point infraction is enough to have a person leave this site? I think I had like 12 pts at a time once...just watch what you say. And dont threaten harm to big name pet stores. =X

Grow up.
    ]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovk1025 View Post
    I know Im late on this thread, but getting upset over an infraction...really? A 0 point infraction is enough to have a person leave this site? I think I had like 12 pts at a time once...just watch what you say. And dont threaten harm to big name pet stores. =X

Grow up.
    ACTUALLY...
    i was merely voicing my FEEDBACK about people giving attitude and being rude on this forum and suggesting that administrators should discourage being rude and offensive as much as they do cussing. for example, grow up? how about trying to understand my true reasoning for making this thread instead of jumping to conclusions and talking down to me? after all the thread is called "attitude" not "omg you guys suck for slapping me on the wrist!!"
    and yeah i signed on just to post this reply
    lizzzy

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsesmommy View Post
    ACTUALLY...
    i was merely voicing my FEEDBACK about people giving attitude and being rude on this forum and suggesting that administrators should discourage being rude and offensive as much as they do cussing. for example, grow up? how about trying to understand my true reasoning for making this thread instead of jumping to conclusions and talking down to me? after all the thread is called "attitude" not "omg you guys suck for slapping me on the wrist!!"
    and yeah i signed on just to post this reply
    I will reiterate what Derek said:

We can try and enforce the rules as best we can but we cannot make everyone act friendly all the time - we can suggest it, and we can infract if they go beyond the level allowed by the rules, but that is really all we can do.
    How would you suggest that we subjectively infract "rude"? What I consider rude may be completely different from what you consider rude. Heck, we took away the bear baiting infraction, because it was essentially undefine-able. WE knew what we considered bear baiting, but trying to explain to the site exactly where that line was, was impossible to do.

With over 12K registered members on this site, and a volunteer staff of less than 20, we can't make people be nice to each other all the time. We do step in and tell people to knock it off when it gets beyond what the staff agrees is acceptable, or it gets sent to Quarantine to allow those not getting along to "duke it out" in a hidden forum, so that guests, new members and even veterans don't have to see it if they don't want to (access to the QT room is strictly by request only, and we have many veterans who have NOT asked for access, because it's not their cup of tea).

We do appreciate your feedback, and it's not something that the staff hasn't discussed in the past, but until someone can figure out a way to make 12K personalities all see things eye to eye, the best we can do is monitor and SUGGEST that people try to be nicer to each other.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    With over 12K registered members on this site, and a volunteer staff of less than 20, we can't make people be nice to each other all the time... the best we can do is monitor and SUGGEST that people try to be nicer to each other.
    So, you 20 don't have a magic wand? ::::wave, wave, poof!:::: How about the big, red, Staples "Easy" button?

But what, pray tell, is "bear baiting"?
    1 husband ~ 2 daughters
    1 dog ~ 3 cats ~ 1 guinea pig
    1 BP: Patriot

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast