Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,394

3 members and 3,391 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts

Re: water for snakes

I sincerely doubt ball pythons can live for months without water. They are not a desert species.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    What???? You should be cleaning your snakes dish and giving it fresh new water every day... how would you like to drink the same bottle of water for an entire week?

edit: sorry didn't know this thread was so old.
    If it would last me for an entire week, sure. As it is, I've drank from the same bottle of water multiple days in a row, it's not that big of a deal. As someone else mentioned, there's not always fresh water available in the wild. I would expect that since they drink readily from water bowls on instinct, the chances are pretty good that they tend to drink from standing water in the wild. On top of that, city water has chlorine and other chemicals added to it to keep the bacteria and whatever else you may worry about growing in the water away for a bit. The biggest thing you need to worry about is making sure the size of the bowl is big enough. As the water and chlorine evaporates, it WILL leave behind other chemicals and minerals that will leave the water less enticing. I haven't heard it too much with balls, but bloods are notorious about being picky when it comes to the water they drink.

As far as comparing what humans and snakes like goes, would you like to eat a live rat? That doesn't mean you shouldn't feed your snake one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m00kfu View Post
    If it would last me for an entire week, sure. As it is, I've drank from the same bottle of water multiple days in a row, it's not that big of a deal. As someone else mentioned, there's not always fresh water available in the wild. I would expect that since they drink readily from water bowls on instinct, the chances are pretty good that they tend to drink from standing water in the wild. On top of that, city water has chlorine and other chemicals added to it to keep the bacteria and whatever else you may worry about growing in the water away for a bit. The biggest thing you need to worry about is making sure the size of the bowl is big enough. As the water and chlorine evaporates, it WILL leave behind other chemicals and minerals that will leave the water less enticing. I haven't heard it too much with balls, but bloods are notorious about being picky when it comes to the water they drink.

As far as comparing what humans and snakes like goes, would you like to eat a live rat? That doesn't mean you shouldn't feed your snake one.
    Sorry I guess I just treat my snake the way I would like to be treated. I drink fresh water and eat fresh food, so he does also.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

yea my snakes only get their water changed when they poop or it gets low

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12